The five-time Wimbledon champion, who changed her diet to include more vegetables after suffering fatigue from the disease, said last month that she hoped to return to the tour full-time in 2012 and to top the rankings. — Reuters" Read the full article from December 21st, 2011.
There is a wide variety of views regarding diet and Sjogren's Syndrome. Some people believe that modifying your diet can help Sjogren's Syndrome but there is no specific "Sjogren's diet". Here you will find a random variety of suggestions regarding diet. If you know of any more please let me know.
- As Sjogren's depletes the moisture-producing glands keeping hydrated is extremely important.
- Water is the best beverage to drink.
- Reduce caffeine
- Fruits and vegetables that are high in water content may be useful to hydrate the body. Some of these foods include celery, watermelon, peaches and cucumbers. Many people who have this condition feel that removing wheat and dairy reduce some symptoms.
- Diet & Food Tips from Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation
- Anti inflammatory diet at Sjogren's Syndrome site
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet Tips from Dr Andrew Weil
- Dr. West's Protocol for Sjogren's Syndrome